High Point Market Authority adds new tours for buyers
The High Point Market Authority is augmenting its showroom tour schedule this season with two new tours for buyers — a diversity, equity and inclusion-focused showroom tour and the Design Edge x High Point Showroom Tour. These will be offered in addition to its popular Hot Spot Tours and Insiders Tour series for the spring High Point Market.
Six Hot Spot Tours — scheduled Saturday, April 22, through Monday, April 24 — are open to registered High Point Market buyers who RSVP for the space-limited events. On these tours, buyers may choose to focus on exhibitors with products suitable for hospitality design projects, or to identify antiques and vintage furnishings resellers. In addition, the Science in Design tour will connect health and wellness concerns to furnishings, and celebrated interior designer Cheryl Luckett will guide buyers through her favorite showrooms.
The inaugural Diversity Advocacy Alliance Tour, organized by the Diversity Advocacy Alliance in partnership with the HPMA, will showcase exhibitors committed to diversity and inclusion at High Point Market. Registered buyers will submit an application to be eligible for this limited-capacity event.
“The DAA is committed to advancing participants’ development as buyers and business entrepreneurs,” says Patti Carpenter, DAA committee chair. “The tour is an exploration of showrooms which exemplify diversity, equity and inclusion in their business practices, and cultivate a welcoming environment for everyone.”
Scheduled over two evenings during market, the Design Edge x High Point Showroom tour is a progressive evening reception developed exclusively for alumni of the regional trade events, organized by Design Edge CEO Lee Hershberg in partnership with HPMA.
Attracting new buyers or buyers who have not attended market in two years, the all-day Insiders Tour from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. on opening day, will be supplemented this season with three new half-day tours the day before, on Friday, April 21, between 11:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. Details for each Insiders Tour, developed in partnership with Esteem Media, are available on the High Point Market website. Interested participants must complete the Insiders Tour application by April 7 in order to be eligible.
“Our showroom tours offer support and guidance to buyers as they learn the lay of the land,” says Tammy Nagem, HPMA CEO. “The aim of the tours is to expose participants to new resources and to impart confidence for their future visits to High Point Market.”
Saturday, April 22
- Insider Tours (Apply to participate)
- Gary Inman – Hot Spot Tour: Hospitality Resources
- Toma Clark Haines – Hot Spot Tour: Antiques and Vintage Resources
Sunday, April 23
- Mike Petersen and Linda Kafka – Hot Spot Tour: Science in Design
- Ariene Bethea – Hot Spot Tour: Antiques and Vintage Resources
- Ashley Ross and Victoria Sanchez – Diversity Advocacy Alliance Tour (Apply to participate)
- Lee Hershberg – Cyan Design, Global Views, Loloi Rugs, Leftbank Art and Phillips Collection (Design Edge Alumni Tour Sunday RSVP)
Monday, April 24
- Cheryl Luckett – Hot Spot Tour: Designer Spotlight
- David Santiago – Hot Spot Tour: Hospitality Resources
- Lee Hershberg – Charleston Forge, Wendover Art, Feizy Rugs, Valdese Weavers and Vanguard Furniture (Design Edge Alumni Tour Monday RSVP)
In addition to signing up for specific tours, all tour participants must be registered to attend High Point Market.