IFDA Selects ‘Best of Show’ winners for High Point
Celebrating its 75th anniversary, the International Furnishings and Design Association returned its coveted IFDA Selects program to High Point Market following a two-year hiatus due to COVID-19.
Thirteen industry design leaders judged products across 12 categories throughout the permanent and temporary exhibitors and awarded three finalists per category. A winner was selected from those. Volume producers, designer brands and emerging artisans were all considered.
At the awards ceremony, IFDA International President, Dawn Brinson, congratulated all the finalists for their outstanding commitment to design. Each category judge then announced the finalists and their winner. In addition to the blue ribbon previously handed out, each winner received framed commemorative award to display.
The finalists and winners, along with the judge for each category:
- Accessories finalists: Made Goods’ Marcianus sculpture; Currey & Company Ringling Vase; Accessories winner: Set of Three Panels from Chelsea House. Judge: Cheryl Luckett
- Art finalists: Montimorren Creative’s Mr. Bluish 340; Acoustic Wall Art Panel from Splashworks; Art winner: East Meets West from Design Legacy. Judge: Rachel Moriarty
- Bedroom casegoods finalists: Corbel Bed from Hooker Furnishings; the Frank Platform Bed by Huppé; Bedroom casegoods winner: Dolce from Kenneth Cobonpue. Judge: John Conrad
- Hospitality finalists: Helix Pendant from Beacon Custom Lighting; Moroccan Garden Inspired Lamp from Port 68; Hospitality winner: Colonial Williamsburg Scenic Mural from Paul Montgomery. Judge: Gary Inman, IFDA
- Lighting finalists: Barnacle from Kenneth Cobonpue; Dogwood Chandelier from Regina Andrew; Lighting winner: Collier from Tech Lighting at Visual Comfort. Judge: Victoria Valentinas
- Maker/Artisan finalists: Record Bus by Kamaya Furniture; Tetra by Stabb Designs for Beacon Custom Lighting; Maker/Artisan winner: Big Pine Bench from Design Build Found. Judge: Tym DeSanto
- New & Next finalists: Saisei Grande Chandelier from Currey & Co; Izdatglaz from Orfeo Quagliata; New & Next winner: Lucio Console from Roberta Schilling Collection. Judge: Patti Carpenter, IFDA
- Occasional casegoods finalists: Loop de Loop Credenza by Sasha Bikoff for Kindel Grand Rapids; Diamond Sideboard by Maria Yee Design Studio; Occasional casegoods winner: Mercedes Coffee Table by Antonia Caicedo for E. J. Victor. Judge: Dr. Rosa Otero, IFDA
- Outdoor furnishings finalists: Secret Garden Arm Chair by Poltrona Frau at Janus et Cie; Bordeaux Side Chair from Summer Classics; Outdoor Winner: Walter Lamb Aluminum Rocking Chair from Brown Jordan. Judges: Brianne Verstat and Jordan Neises
- Soft goods finalists: Bedding Pillows & Accents from Poetic Pillow; Pillows & Throws for the Home from Johanna Howard Home; Soft goods winner: Bedding, Pillows & Accessories from 25 Mackenzie Lane. Judge: David Santiago, IFDA
- Sustainability finalists: Custom Live Edge Dining Table from Simply Amish; 9520 Galahad Chandelier from Currey and Co.; Sustainability winner: ReClips from HOUE, Judge: Nancy Fire, IFDA
- Upholstered seating finalists: Marigold Outdoor Chaise from Kravet, Inc; Hickory Chair’s Jupiter Swivel Chair; Upholstered seating Winner: Coup Sofa from the Barbara Barry Collection at Baker Furniture. Judge: Valerie Garrett
IFDA Selects is an initiative by IFDA to recognize design innovation, quality construction and environmental responsibility throughout our industry. IFDA Selectsjudging has taken place at the High Point Market, New York Now, BDNY, What’s New What’s Next, Las Vegas Market and ICFF.
The awards celebration took place at The Point on April 4, where finalists, judges, industry leaders and others gathered to honor the companies and design professionals whose products were tapped as finalists, and to announce the winners.
The International Society of Furniture Designers provides all High Point Market finalists with automatic entry into that organization’s Pinnacle Awards, the industry’s top prize for product designers. The Pinnacle Awards will be Monday, October 24.
Judges for IFDA Selectsat High Point Market are: Cheryl Luckett, founder of Dwell by Cheryl and licensed product designer with Sylvester Alexander and Wildwood Home; Rachel Moriarty, award-winning San Diego area designer, author, influencer and CEO of House of Moriarty, Inc.; John Conrad, executive director, ISFD, podcast creator and host, former manufacturing CEO; Gary Inman, IFDA, award-winning designer, President of Gary Inman Home Couture, Style Spotters Advisor and professor; Victoria Valentinas, President & Principal Designer of VLV Designs and brand merchandiser for HGTV HOME, Bassett, Bernhardt and Christopher Guy; Tym DeSanto, aka “Renaissance Guy” from HGTV’s Design Star, host of the “Style File” video series and sought-after interior and product designer; Patti Carpenter, IFDA, global trend ambassador, consultant with Pantone, advisory board member of the Black Artists and Designers Guild and founder of carpenter + company/Trendscope; Dr. Rosa Otero, IFDA, faculty and director of Visual and Performing arts at Salem College, and designer and curator of the SIDE Chair Library; Brianne Verstat, award-winning creative director for Barbour Spangle Design; Jordan Neises, lead showroom designer, Barbour Spangle Design; David Santiago, IFDA, founder and creative force of Casa Santi and Strictly Santi, product designer, TV personality and video host; Nancy Fire, IFDA, founder of Nancy Fire Designs and Design Works International, High Point Style Spotter, former design director for HGTV and HGTV HOME, certified GREEN leader; and Valerie Garrett, founder of Valerie Garrett Interiors, award-winning residential and commercial designer and member of The Alliance.
Founded in 1947, IFDA is celebrating its 75th anniversary is the industry’s longest continuously serving organization, promoting professional growth, networking and collaboration, educational efforts and philanthropy throughout the home furnishings, decor and design industries.