Plenty of events for designers planned at The Point during market
The High Point Market Authority has announced programming and events scheduled for its branded pop-up venue The Point, which will operate daily from Friday, April 21, through Wednesday, April 26.
The Point is a nexus for High Point Market programming, including educational events and industry mixers. The temporary venue is centrally located on the market campus to serve as a daily lunch spot, lounge and a guest services center, where market advisers are on hand to provide information and guidance regarding the trade show.
First-time and new buyers are encouraged to visit The Point for in-person seminars and other support. On opening day, Marisa Wilson, author of “The Cool Girl’s Guide to High Point Market,” will offer tips for navigating the trade show, along with interior designers Amber Guyton and Isabel Ladd. The hour-long presentation will begin at 2 p.m. on Friday, April 21, and will be followed by a New Buyer Mixer, starting at 3 p.m.
A full schedule of events is on tap for the spring market, providing business insights, trend reports and networking opportunities. The lineup includes:
- “How to Become a Market Maven” with Marisa Wilson, Amber Guyton and Isabel Ladd
- New Buyer Mixer, a fun networking opportunity to learn with your peers
- “Hospitality Design: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly” with David Cohen, Deana Duffek, Erinn Valencich, Kelli Ellis and Breegan Jane. Sponsored by Baldwin Hardware.
- “Expanding Your Design Business Through Antiques” with Toma Clark Haines and Andrea Hysmith
- International Society of Furniture Designers Membership Mixer is open to nonmembers
- “2023 Sustainable Trends” with Shayla Copas, Christian Daw, Lindsay Schleis and Megan Pierson. Sponsored by Polywood.
- “Creativity: A Diverse Perspective” with Michel Smith Boyd, Alejandra Thompson de Jordan, Marjorie Skouras and Gary Inman. Sponsored by Currey & Company.
- Design Trade Service Social welcomes designers to network and learn how to improve.
- “The Work of Design LIVE!” with Keith Granet, Andy Singer, Alex Shuford and Windsor Smith. Sponsored by Studio Designer.
- ”Playground for Profit: Marketing That Gets You Clients While You’re Having Fun” with interior design business coach and author Melissa Galt. A book signing follows this event.
- New Buyer Mixer is another chance to network and learn
- “Textiles of Tomorrow: Focusing on 2024” with Jaye Anna Mize and Carrie Dillon.
Details for all events at The Point are posted on the High Point Market website. The Point is situated one block west of the Transportation Terminal on Commerce Avenue and is open to registered High Point Market buyers.
Throughout market, visitors are invited to use the interior photo wall for taking selfies, along with the branded #HPMKTmemory hashtag printer. Evening hospitality includes After Hours at The Point, featuring craft beer from local brewery Brown Truck Brewery and wines from La Crema, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, April 21 through Tuesday, April 25.
Featured furnishings in The Point are sourced from High Point Market exhibitors and partners, including Crypton, Crystorama, Currey & Company, Four Hands, Hudson Valley Lighting, Hunter Douglas, Phillips Collection, Regina Andrew, Sherwin-Williams, Splashworks, TOV Furniture and Zuo.