Pure Salt debuts first rug collection with Momeni
The co-founders of Pure Salt Interiors are bringing their clean, coastal, nature-inspired style to a new rug collection with Momeni that will debut at the High Point Market Oct. 22-26.
Aly Morford and Leigh Lincoln have been working with Momeni for two years on the line, which is focused on natural fibers and neutral colors using innovative techniques in both natural fiber jute and hand-knotted rugs.
Pure Salt began as a design studio in 2016 and has expanded to include a flagship brick-and-mortar store in its headquarters city of Newport Beach, California, and an online Pure Salt Shoppe, too. As a growing lifestyle brand, Pure Salt has more than 585,000 social media followers, which is how Morford and Lincoln connected with the family-owned rug maker.
“The power of social media is what brought us together, but what came from this relationship was an extraordinary journey that helped push our own creative efforts to experiment with techniques that we have never been able to achieve before. Working with Aly and Leigh impressed upon us the importance of the most minor details and ensuring that the overall look of the line was genuinely a part of the Pure Salt world, which we are honored to be a part of,” says Reza Momeni, president and chief executive officer of the company, which is based in Carlstadt, New Jersey.
Pure Salt is known for its fresh, comfortable natural style, and the 17-rug collection — the first rug collaboration for Morford and Lincoln — fits seamlessly into that aesthetic.
“Rugs are, quite literally, foundational to good design, and finding a high-quality, beautiful rug can be like finding a diamond in the rough,” says co-founder Lincoln. “We set out to create this line of rugs with Momeni to fill a gap for our clients and customers — to have rugs that feel as good as they look, using unique methods and materials for a one-of-a-kind design. From hand-knotted rugs with an aged look that will only get better over time to super soft jutes to classic linens with statement stitching, all the rugs in our collection are created with incredible care and attention to detail.”
The collection, in sizes from 2’x9’ to 10’x14’ and retail priced from $368 to $8,698, includes:
- Torquay: This natural fiber rug is a mix of jute and wool “that not only looks great, but feels incredible underfoot,” the company says.
- Koukila: Inspired by a well-loved kilim, the Koukila rug takes “a fresh, authentic approach to a classic look,” according to the company. Koukila is woven of hemp, making it more substantial and durable than a vintage kilim.
- Menorca: This is a one-of-a-kind hand-knotted design, distressed to give it vintage appeal.
- Cassis: The plush, classic braided rug comes in three of Pure Salt’s signature natural colorways — Bleach, Natural and Walnut. The simple rug is ideal as a base layer for with the new Menorca rug, the company says.
- Patara: This collection, focused on gender-neutral, natural colors with tufted polka dots to add whimsy, was designed specifically for Little Salt, the baby and kids brand launched by Pure Salt in 2021. “Playful yet classic,” Patara rugs can be layered or can stand alone in any space, the company says.
“Inspired by coastal retreats around the globe, our rug line with Momeni is a curation of pieces that bring together earthy and natural roots with classic and elevated aesthetics,” co-founder Morford says. “We wanted to create a collection of rugs that marry form and function and can transport you to a relaxed beach scene near or far, whenever you walk upon them.”
The line is available to the trade through Momeni showrooms and to consumers through Pure Salt’s brick-and-mortar store and e-commerce site. The companies will host a launch party from 4-6 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 23, at Momeni’s High Point showroom, H345 in the International Home Furnishings Center.