What’s happening at The Point during Fall HP Market
The High Point Market Authority has announced its schedule for educational programming and social events held at branded pop-up venue The Point, which will operate daily from Friday, Oct. 21, to Wednesday, Oct. 26.
The Point hosts educational events and industry mixers and also serves as a daily lunch spot, lounge and a guest services center where Market Advisors are staffed to provide information and guidance regarding the trade show.
At the heart of programming for The Point are presentations and roundtable discussions led by industry experts that offer business insights, trend reports and peer mentoring. The 60-minute educational sessions are scheduled for either 10 a.m. or 2 p.m.
Highlights from this season’s lineup include:
- Perfecting the Luxury Experience with Lorna Gross, Austin Handler and Katie Wozniak
- Reach Furniture Customers by Maximizing an Omnichannel Retail Marketing Strategy with Kathleen Ramirez, Cherri Ellis and Melissa Harmston (sponsored by Spectrum Reach)
- Embracing a Mission-Minded Approach with The Kaleidoscope Project with Everick Brown, Rasheeda Gray, Marilyn Lavergne, David Santiago, Virginia Toledo and Amy Lynn Schwartzbard
- How Kitchen + Bath Can Help Drive Your Business to the Next Level with NKBA’s Suzie Williford
- LUXURY: A New Point of View! with Gary Inman, Michel Boyd, Shayla Copas, Barry Goralnick and Lucy Searle (sponsored by Currey & Company)
- What I Wish I Knew: How to Secure High-Net-Worth Clients, Avoid Complications and Make Them Into Lifelong Clients with Genevieve Trousdale, Laura Hodges and Sara Malek Barney (sponsored by Circaphiles)
- Survey Says: What You Should Know about Fees, Rates and Charging for your Expertise with interior design business coach Gail Doby
- In Full Bloom: Spring 2023 Textile and Home Industry Trends with Fashion Snoop’s Jaye Anna Mize, in partnership with the International Textile Alliance
All sponsored roundtable events Saturday, Oct. 22 through Monday, Oct. 24 include a complimentary lunch between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m., courtesy of the sponsor, served inside The Point by the Parson’s Table. On Friday, Oct. 21 and Tuesday, Oct. 25, food items from the Parson’s Table Pop-Up are available for purchase between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. at this venue.
The Point is one block east of the Transportation Terminal on Commerce Avenue and is open to registered High Point Market buyers from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, Oct. 21, through Monday, Oct. 24. The Point closes at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 25, and at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 26.
Throughout the market, visitors are invited to use the interior photo wall for taking selfies, along with the #HPMKTmemory branded hashtag printer.
Evening hospitality includes After Hours at The Point, featuring craft beer and wine from local brewery, Brown Truck Brewery, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, Oct. 21 through Tuesday, Oct. 25. On Sunday, Oct. 23, and Monday, Oct. 24, industry socials and mixers are sponsored by Sherwin-Williams, NKBA and MyDoma.
The Point will debut a new interior design theme of “floral fantasy” this October. Embracing florals and pattern play, it will feature furnishings are sourced from High Point Market exhibitors and partners, including Crypton, Crystorama, Currey & Company, Debrah’s International Co. Ltd., Four Hands, Hunter Douglas, Phillips Collection, Regina Andrew, Sherwin-Williams, Splashworks, TOV Furniture and ZUO.
All event details for The Point are posted on the High Point Market website.